1. “The Effect of Target Difficulty on Target Completion: The Case of Reducing Carbon Emissions”, with G. Serafeim (HBS), and X. Lin (HBS), The Accounting Review, forthcoming (SSRN)
2. “Mind the Gap: The Interplay Between Internal and External Actions in the Case of Corporate Social Responsibility”, with Olga Hawn (UNC), Strategic Management Journal, forthcoming (SSRN)
3. “The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Investment Recommendations: Analysts’ Perceptions and Shifting Institutional Logics”, with G. Serafeim (HBS), Strategic Management Journal, July 2015, 36(7): 1053-1081 (SSRN)
4. “The Impact of a Corporate Sustainability on Organizational Processes and Performance”, with G. Serafeim (HBS), and R. Eccles (HBS), Management Science, November 2014, Vol. 60 (11): 2835-2857 (SSRN)
5. “When do spinouts enhance parent firm performance? Evidence from the US automobile industry 1890-1986”, 2014, Organization Science, 25(2): 529-551 (SSRN)
6. “Corporate Sustainability and Access to Finance”, with G. Serafeim (HBS) and B. Cheng (HBS), 2014, Strategic Management Journal, Lead Article, 35 (1): 1-23. (SSRN)
7. “What Drives Corporate Social Performance? The Role of Nation-Level Institutions”, with G. Serafeim (HBS), Journal of International Business Studies, December 2012, Vol 43: 834-864 (SSRN)
8. “Effects of Capacity on Sales Under Alternative Supply Contracts”, with Julie H. Mortimer and Richard Mortimer, Journal of Industrial Economics, Volume 59, Issue 1, March 2011, p.117.
9. “A Textbook Example of International Price Discrimination”, with C.Cabolis, S.Clerides and Daniel Senft, Economic Letters, Volume 95, Issue 1, April 2007, p.91.
WORK IN PROGRESS
1. “The Dog that Didn’t Bark: Long-term Strategies During the Great Recession”, with C. Flammer (Ivey), SSRN working paper, under review
2. “Redefining Strategy in the Age of Sustainability and Social Responsibility”, SSRN working paper, 2nd round Revise & Resubmit at Journal of Management Inquiry
3. “Different Shades of Green: A General Model of Organizational Responses to Institutional Pressures”, with O. Hawn (BU) and R. Durand (HEC), under review
4. “The Consequences of Mandatory Corporate Sustainability Reporting: Evidence from Four Countries”, with George Serafeim (HBS), SSRN working paper, under review
BOOK CHAPTERS AND OTHER PUBLICATIONS
1. “The Impact of Different Types of Spinoffs on Firm Survival: US Automobile Industry 1890-1986”, Best Paper Proceedings of the Academy of Management (2009) and Distinguished Student Paper Award, Academy of Management (2009) – BPS Division
2. “The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Investment Recommendations”, with George Serafeim (HBS), – Best Paper Proceedings of the Academy of Management (2010) – SIM Division
3. “Drivers of Corporate Sustainability and Implications for Capital Markets”, with George Serafeim (HBS), 2010, in “The Landscape of Integrated Reporting; reflections and next steps”, edited by Robert G. Eccles, Beiting Cheng and Daniela Saltzman, Cambridge, MA
4. “The Profits of Goodness”, Business Strategy Review, Autumn 2010
5. “Sustainability and Capital Markets: How firms can manage the crucial link”, with George Serafeim (HBS), The European Business Review, March-April 2011
6. “The Growing Power of Non-financial Reports”, with George Serafeim (HBS), Business Strategy Review, Autumn 2011
7. ESG Moving out of the Compliance Room and into the Heart of the Investment Process, with F. Cornelli (LBS) and T. Zhang (LBS), Adveq Applied Research Series, February 2015.